Discovering everyday "joie de vivre" through food, style, and inspiration

Welcome! Join as we discover both spectacular and simple joys alike, remembering that life is a journey and it's up to each of us to make it special. Along the way, I'll share some of my original gluten-free recipes, book recommendations, DIY projects, style and decor tips, and plenty of inspiration. Thanks for visiting!

~ Kayla McGuire




Monday, February 25, 2013

A Little Kitchen Inspiration...

The months in between the holidays and the start of spring can be brutal.  As fortunate as I am to live in Denver where a cloudy day is out of the norm and winter weather is actually pretty mild, I'm still affected by the shorter days and lack of outdoor time.  Sometimes it's hard to find inspiration, even in the kitchen, as the appeal of warm apple cider and chili starts to wear off around mid-January. In an effort to motivate myself, I decided look through some of my cooking photos to spark some new ideas or improve old ones. Take a look with me!


~ Chicken and Vegetable Soup ~



~ Chicken Chili ~



~ Gluten-Free Brunch with Ham, Eggs Over Easy, Fruit Bowl, and Arugula Salad ~




~ Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Blueberries ~
(It was delicious but sort of fell apart!) 



~ Gluten-Free Eggs Benedict with Sweet Potato Home Fries ~



~ Gluten-Free Tacos (sub lettuce wraps for the shell) ~



~ Tomato Basil Bisque with Bacon ~



~ Gluten-Free Vanilla Fruit Tart with Almond Crust ~



~ Butter Chicken over Steamed Collards ~

No comments:

Post a Comment